Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays

First things first. No. I did not wear this today. I am still sane enough to restrain myself from layering when it's 38 degrees outside. 

This one's actually my look one rainy Monday a week ago, and before I went out of the house, I already prepared myself for some intrusive stares. Surprisingly, though, most people I met actually complimented my look. There's one Dean I met while logging in for duty, who said I looked ser cute. Then there's my mommies in the office, who complimented me non-stop and said how rainy-day appropriate I look. These mothers have now gotten used to my unconventional looks, and are now so eager to know where and for how much I got what. This look was not an exception; so I patiently told them the story of each piece. Then there's a few other colleagues, who basically said the same things (but mostly that I look so cute! ehem...).


By midday, however, the sun started to show up and I started to cuss the tights and regret ever putting this whole ensemble. I prayed dearly that it would rain again (I know that was so selfish of me, but can you blame me? Look at how covered up I was!); and, thankfully, Mr. Sun shied again and postponed its appearance 'til the next day. Phew!





Oh, and know what the best compliment of the day was? It's when the boss told me adoringly, "Jan, ikaw na jud! Ikaw na!" in the most un-bossy voice and manner. And that's how good ol' me started grinning from ear to ear like a lunatic, which lasted 'til the end of the day. Rainy Mondays are really not that bad after all.


Dress - thrifted
Blazer - thrifted
Tights - Body Music
Flats - Solemate

1 comment

  1. Thank you for some other informative blog. The place
    else could I get that type of information written in such
    a perfect way? I've a challenge that I am simply now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    Feel free to surf to my website - height to waist ratio

    ReplyDelete

© For All Things Pretty