Sunday, January 13, 2013

Making Life a Story

"The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it. And in understanding something, we bring something to it. Doesn't that make life a story?" - Life of Pi

Jhet and I ended our weekend with our first take on DIY and a movie date with the boyfs. And what an enriching movie date it had been, what with Life of Pi on the big screen. The movie speaks of faith, of hope, and of never giving up no matter what. It's amazing how one author can put together such a lessons-filled story with only a young boy and an adult Bengal tiger as characters. Everyone really needs to watch the movie. Believe me. You. Must. Watch. It.

So, here's what I wore to the movie date. I'm all red and yellowr! haha! I can't believe it took a year for me to finally use this pretty Celine clutch that I got as a present from my former boss' wife (Thank you, Ma'am Joy!) last Christmas of 2012. I knew I was saving it for some special occasion, but I just totally forgot all about it until the other day when I rummaged through my closet. Phew! What a waste, I know!






This DIY fringe necklace is one of the products of our first DIY project. Here's a snippet of the other accessories Jhet and I made:






So, what do you think? I know Jhet is preparing a tutorial for you all; so, keep visiting! 

Dress - thrifted
Vest - thrifted
Fringe necklace - DIY
Accessories - Little China Rose/bazaar
Clutch - Celine (gifted)

No comments

Post a Comment

© For All Things Pretty